Life After Death


In the midst of this agony
Such deep pain and grief
I weep so hard for you
Even small steps
Are too much to handle for me

Living is hell for me
Dead would end my agony
My heart aches a thousand times
If only I could look again into your eyes

Out of sorrow I weep
For the martyrdom of suffering
I can’t keep living this lie
It tears me up inside

If only I could tell you
A million times if I had the time
To sit by your bedside
And tell you over and over
I love you, it is no lie

And the day that death
Kept us apart
I tell you, it broke my heart
I would gladly give up my life
So you could live just one more time

I embraced your lifeless body
Kissed your forehead and stroked your arm
Pleaded with you to open your eyes
Please just one more time
Please, please don’t die
Without saying goodbye

But you didn’t respond
And your body was ice cold
Nothing I said mattered anymore
You were dead and gone
Your heart had stopped beating
You and I alone in this room
All I could hear was my breathing

After so much pain and suffering
To no avail, my kissing you and pleading
To come back and feel the summer breeze
We could go to the park for a stroll
Watch the birds and see the snow
But no! No more time with you
It was over now, and you left me all alone

Oh, how I hate death
It took away everything I had
It’s cold and unfeeling, put an end
To a beautiful human being
All it left behind, was sorrow
I am left alone, without you
How can I face tomorrow?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hell On Earth

This world of mine

Cycle of Life